Super-simplified, basic chopper wiring diagram -
un-complicates things by leaving out all the crap that
real choppers don't need any way: turn signals,
speedometers, radios, horns, bells, whistles, etc.
- Circuit Breakers, starter relay, starter, alternator, ignition,
regulator/rectifier, kill switch/lock, headlight, taillight, brake
lights, battery, etc. - only the bare essentials.
- Let's you get wired fast so you can make the big run, yet
serves as a basis for later add-ons (not covered).
- Color-coded schematics to make drawings easy to read and
wires easy to trace + colors match stock (where possible) to
make matching up to electrical components (such as
- Designed for ground-up (no harness) chopper wiring to save
you big buck$ (since you don't need to buy a harness with tons
of wire and fixtures you don't need).
- Includes separate basic instructions and pointers sheet.
- Complete tech support via phone and email.
Basic Kit Includes:
- Wiring Diagram and instructions.
- One 30 amp circuit breaker and one 15 amp circuit breaker
and nuts and bracket.
- Starter relay and plug w/female spades.
- Big Twin style neutral connector.
- Does not include stuff you probably already have or can get
cheaper at the local hardware or radio store.
As seen in How to
Build an Old School
Bobber by Kevin
Add Basic 32 amp Charging System for Big Twins:
- Installation Hardware, Plug Clip, and Ties.
Kevin Bass says, "This is
a great way to wire your
bike, with easy to follow
instructions." Pg. 112
Upgrade to Deluxe Wiring Kit:
- Everything in Basic Kit (Shown above).
- (1) Heat-shrink tubing assortment.
- (1) Universal battery cable kit.
- (1) Turn-key switch with 2 keys. (Switch has On/Off positions
and momentary(starting) postition. Also, key can be pushed
in like a momentary button to activate auxillary functions like
an electric choke or horn)
- (1) 2-postion toggle switch.
- (1) Mini push-button switch.
- (1) Universal spark plug wiring kit.
- (1) 10mm banjo bolt with built in switch.
- (1) 12mm banjo bolt with built in switch.
|Note: See above for more
information about basic kit.
|See top of page for more
details about basic kit
|See below for
more info about