Super-simplified, basic chopper wiring diagram -
un-complicates things by leaving out all the crap that real
choppers don't need any way: turn signals, speedometers, radios,
horns, bells, whistles, etc.
- Circuit Breakers, starter relay, starter, alternator, ignition,
regulator/rectifier, kill switch/lock, headlight, taillight, brake lights,
battery, etc. - only the bare essentials.
- Let's you get wired fast so you can make the big run, yet serves as a
basis for later add-ons (not covered).
- Color-coded schematics to make drawings easy to read and wires easy
to trace + colors match stock (where possible) to make matching up to
electrical components (such as headlights/taillights) simpler.
- Designed for ground-up (no harness) chopper wiring to save you big
buck$ (since you don't need to buy a harness with tons of wire and
fixtures you don't need).
- Includes separate basic instructions and pointers sheet.
- Complete tech support via phone and email.
Basic Kit Includes:
- Wiring Diagram and instructions.
- One 30 amp circuit breaker and one 15
amp circuit breaker and nuts and bracket.
- Starter relay and plug w/female spades.
- Big Twin style neutral connector.
- Does not include stuff you probably
already have or can get cheaper at the
local hardware or radio store.
As seen in How to Build an
Old School Bobber by
Add Basic 32 amp Charging System
for Big Twins:
- Installation Hardware, Plug Clip, and
Kevin Bass says, "This is a great
way to wire your bike, with easy
to follow instructions." Pg. 112
Upgrade to Deluxe Wiring Kit:
- Everything in Basic Kit (Shown above).
- (1) Heat-shrink tubing assortment.
- (1) Universal battery cable kit.
- (1) Turn-key switch with 2 keys. (Switch has On/Off positions and
momentary(starting) postition. Also, key can be pushed in like a
momentary button to activate auxillary functions like an electric
choke or horn)
- (1) 2-postion toggle switch.
- (1) Mini push-button switch.
- (1) Universal spark plug wiring kit.
- (1) 10mm banjo bolt with built in switch.
- (1) 12mm banjo bolt with built in switch.
|Note: See above for more information
about basic kit.
|See top of page for more details about
basic kit and diagram/booklet.
|See below for
more info about